Q. How do I donate my books or other materials to the library?
The University Library is dedicated to increasing and enhancing student academic success by offering relevant and pertinent research materials. We are highly interested in donated materials that are of historical or archival value, and in materials assigned for courses taught at CSUDH (textbooks, supplementary readings, etc.).
- For historical, archival, or special/rare books and materials: Contact Greg Williams (310.243.3013) to inquire about your donation.
- For textbooks or supplementary course materials for Course Reserve: Contact Chris Acosta, 310.243.3678
Regrettably, we cannot accept any donations of general interest books or other materials at this time. However, there are other easy ways to donate your books! Please still consider donating your materials through the following methods:
- The “Take a book, leave a book” shelves located on the 1st floor of the library building, on the east side of the hall between the north and south wings. Simply place your donation on the shelves, and passerby will give your items new homes!
- A local branch of the Los Angeles Public Library or the County of Los Angeles Public Library
- A Better World Books drop box: location finder
Thank you for thinking of our students, and for your consideration in finding new homes for your materials. If you have any questions, you may direct them to Wendolyn Vermeer, Collection Services Coordinator, 310.243.3134 or email@example.com