Q. How do I request an article through Interlibrary Loan?
You can get the full text (PDF) for articles that are not available through one of the library's many databases for free through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Most library databases have a request link that will automatically generate and submit a request. Some databases have citations or abstracts of articles only, the full text may be found in another database, or requested with ILL.
If the full text (PDF) is not available, look for the Find it @ CSUDH Lib button to check for other availability options or to request it through ILL:
If you know the article you are looking for, you can also go to "Interlibrary Loan Account" from the library home page
- First-time users must complete the on-line ILL Registration Form.
- Complete as many fields as you can with the information you have. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required.
- ILL articles will be sent electronically, in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Requestors will be notified by e-mail when an article has been delivered.
- Electronically delivered articles can be viewed on-line and downloaded.
- No more than 5 items can be checked out at one time, including any combination or books or articles. If you have no books checked out through ILL, up to 5 articles can be stored for viewing or downloading. To get more, older articles must be deleted in order to make room for new incoming articles.
Learn more about Interlibrary Loan Policies >>