Q. How do I create a clip in Kanopy?
Kanopy is a streaming video database that can be browsed or searched through the library's main search bar.
Before you can create a clip, you first need to register and create a free individual user account, this does not need to be your CSUDH credentials.
Once you have logged in under your account, you can create a clip in Kanopy:
- Select the video from which you would like to make a clip
- Click the '+Create Clip/Playlist' option underneath the video in the "More" button
- Either 'Create a new playlist' or within an existing Playlist, click 'Add video'
- Click 'Edit playlist'
- In the Editing a Playlist screen, click 'Edit' for the video for which you would like to create a clip
- In the Clip creation page, set the start and stop times, then save the clip. Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the screen before you move on
- To view the clip you have created, choose the appropriate playlist title. The clips (or saved full videos) will appear in a column to the right of the video. Click on the clip title to play.
To share the link to the clip, click 'Share/Embed' button and copy the link provided
- Is it possible to create a screenshot of frame in film I'm watching (I want to paint it!)? When I make a screen shot and paste in Paint program, the actual film screen comes up black; there's no film image! How can I fix that? Thank you.
- Thanks for your question! This is likely a feature of Kanopy that adheres to their Terms of Service in that "you may not: (i) use, capture" copyrighted materials: https://www.kanopy.com/terms