Q. How do I cite Healthy People 2020 in APA?
If you're citing an objective or information on the web from the Healthy People 2020, you can follow APA 7th edition guidelines for webpages on a website with a government agency group author.
Reference List Example:
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. (n.d.). Social determinants of health. Healthy People 2020. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-of-health
Here's a brief explanation of each element in the reference list:
- For the author element, use Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, since this government agency manages Healthy People 2020.
- Use n.d. for no date since there is only a date of last review and it's for the entire website. This date wouldn't be considered a publication date for an individual webpage.
- Use the title of the objective or page as the title of the work.
- Italicize Healthy People 2020 as the source. Then list U. S. Department of Health and Human Services as the parent agency.
- Include the URL for the webpage.