Q. How do I request a book for curbside pickup?
How do I check on the status of my curbside book request?
Coming the week of October 19th: Library Curbside Pickup
Request a book for Curbside Pickup:
Requesting books from the CSUDH collections and from CSU+ works the same way. You can either log into OneSearch right away, or log in when you have found the items that you want to request. The steps below are for logging in after you've started searching and found a book you want to request for pickup. If you've received an email that your request(s) are ready, visit our appointment scheduler website.
1. Search for your item in OneSearch:
2. Click on the title of the print book that you want to request.
3. Sign into your library account using the Sign in for more options button.
4.Once you're signed in, click on the Request link that appears.
5. If you don't need it after a certain date, fill in the Not needed after field. Click Request in the bottom right-hand corner of the form to submit your request information.
6. The form will complete and display information about the acceptance of the request.
7. Return to your search or start a new search to exit the page.
- You may place up to 5 active requests at once. When your materials are ready, you will receive an email with the link to schedule your appointment for Curbside Pickup.
- Please allow a minimum of 2 business days for CSUDH book requests to become available for pickup. For example, if you place a request on Saturday, it will not be processed and available for you to schedule your appointment until Monday or Tuesday for an appointment on Thursday..
- Please allow a minimum of 1-2 weeks for CSU+ book requests to become available after you have placed your request. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, most CSU libraries have limited staffing available for this service. Books are placed into a 4-day quarantine upon arrival for staff health and safety.
- You can also place requests for books outside of the CSU Libraries via Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Please allow a minimum of 1-2 weeks for ILL book requests to become available for pickup. You will receive an email when they are ready, so that you can schedule your curbside appointment.
For instructions about making an appointment, visit our Making a Curbside Pickup Appointment FAQ.
Check the status of your request(s):
1. Log into your Library Account from either the library's homepage or the upper-right hand corner of the OneSearch search results screen.
2. Click on your username in the upper-right hand corner of the OneSearch results page. In the dropdown menu that appears, click on Manage Requests.
3. You can view the status of your CSUDH and CSU+ requests on the results page.