Using SensusAccess to convert Text to Speech --- Helpful Tips Before and After your Conversion
- URL for the Tool: https://libguides.csudh.edu/study/text-speech . Follow the instruction on the screen to upload and convert your file.
- The page limits for the file to be converted:
- Less than 50 pages – works best
- If it is an ebook, try to download it by chapters, and convert it chapter by chapter.
- If it is a PDF ebook that has over 100 pages, you can use Adobe Acrobat DC to split the ebook into several separate files.
- Open Adobe Acrobat DC on your Desktop;
- Click on Tool on the top menu bar
- Choose “Organize Pages”
- Upload the ebook file
- The whole ebook will be displayed page by page on the screen. Divide the ebook by 100 pages per file.
- The split files will be save automatically. Please change the file name to short file name when saving the files, like part1, part2, ...
- Then, start to convert the ebook files to MP3.
3. The converted audio file will be sent to your email in one or more minutes from SensusAccess (depending on the submitted file size, bigger file takes longer time to receive).
4. Download the received audio file to your local drive. The original file will be removed from the server in about 7 days.
- Then, email the downloaded file as an attachment (not the cloud drive) to yourself or to your students, so that you can listen to it on your phone anytime/anywhere for the whole semester.
- If you want to listen to it in your car, you may have to turn off your phone’s Bluetooth.
Thanks to Campus IT and V.P. Chris Manriquez for supporting this project in the last 4 years.