How do I cite Census data in APA?
Reference List Example:
U.S. Census Bureau. (n.d.). Without health care coverage in ZCTA5 90804. U.S. Department of Commerce. Retrieved September 27, 2022, from https://data.census.gov/
Here's a brief explanation of each element in the reference list:
- For the author element, use U.S. Census Bureau.
- Use n.d. for no date since there is no date for this specific web page.
- Use the title of the data point as the title of the work and use italics.
- Then list U. S. Department of Commerce as the parent agency.
- Add a retrieval date. This is uncommon in APA 7th edition, but you should include it here since contents of a page are designed to change over time.
- Include the URL for data.census.gov.