Q. How to clear cache and cookies in your PC?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store info about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites. However, some cookies may put your privacy at risk by tracking sites that you visit, and can cause access errors sometimes. So, it is important to clear cache and cookies periodically.
To delete cookies:
1. In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
2. Select the Cookies and website data check box, and then select Delete.
To delete cookies in Internet Explorer 8:
1. In Internet Explorer, select the Safety button, and then select Delete Browsing History.
2. Select the check box next to Cookies.
3. Select the Preserve Favorites website data check box if you don't want to delete the cookies associated with websites in your Favorites list.
4. Select Delete.
- Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
- In the "Clear browsing data" box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything. Note: This option does not appear on all devices.
- Click Clear browsing data.
1. Clear Recent History
2. Click on the Firefox button at the top left
3. Open the History menu by mousing over History
4. Click on Clear Recent History
5. Click the arrow button next to Details
6. Make sure that Browsing & Download history, cookies, and cache are checked
7. Set the time range to Everything
8. Click the Clear Now button