Q. I am having trouble logging in from off campus.
From off campus, you must log in with your CSUDH username and password (the same as you use for MyCSUDH, Blackboard, and Toromail) to access databases, journal articles, and ebooks. You must be a currently enrolled CSUDH student or active faculty/staff member to have access. Part-time instructional faculty only have access during semesters in which they are teaching. Due to licensing restrictions, we cannot offer off-campus access to alumni.
Again, please make sure that you are using your campus-wide login and password (the same that you use to log into MyCSUDH and Blackboard). ID numbers and Social Security Numbers will not work!
For first time users: CSUDH students, faculty, and staff are automatically registered as Library users. It can take some time for new profiles to be entered in the Library's system. If you are having difficulty and it has been more than one week since you joined the campus community, please call the Book Pickup & Checkout Desk to learn more at (310) 243-3712.
Forgot your username?
If you are a CSUDH student (not enrolled through Extended Education):
- Call (310) 243-2500 to provide identifying information to the IT Helpdesk to receive your username and a password reset. Phone hours are: 8am-6pm Monday through Friday, with limited service between 6pm and 11pm Monday through Thursday. You can also visit the IT User Services Help Desk in Welch Hall 370 in person from 8am-6pm Monday through Friday.
If you are an Extended Education student:
- Please call or visit CEIE's Registration Office in Extended Education 1100 with photo ID. Phone and in-person hours are: 8am-8pm Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday, 8am-1:30pm Saturday.
Unfortunately, there is no support available on Sundays.
If you still can't log in:
- Check that you are not mistyping your username or password.
- Verify that you are using the current library search system, OneSearch, or a database link from the library's website. The old catalog links have the phrase "torofind" in the URL or web address, and will not allow you to log in.
- Some links from Blackboard courses may be old and need updating thanks to our big system update over during June 2017. Contact your professor to report access problems, as well as the Library - we can try to help you find the new access point for the resource and help your professor with updating course links, too!
- Try clearing your browser's "remembered forms" and typing in the information again.
- Reset your password with the DHNet Password Manager.
If you have questions about resetting your password, please contact IT Help Desk at (310) 243-2500.